I want to learn more about the economy of Newfoundland and Labrador. Where can I find this information?

To get a full picture of the province’s economy you can visit the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador’s Department of Finance websites at http://www.fin.gov.nl.ca/fin/ and http://www.economics.gov.nl.ca/.

Why do I need a Social Insurance Card (SIN)?

You need a Social Insurance Number (SIN) to work in Canada.

One of the first things you should do as a permanent resident is to apply for a Social Insurance Number(SIN). This 9-digit number is used to identify people who earn money through work and investments, pay taxes, contribute to pension plans and use government services. It is illegal for an employer to pay a person without a Social Insurance Number.

To get a Social Insurance Number (SIN) application form, go to the local Service Canada Centre and fill it out in person. Or, you can download the Social Insurance Number application form and then go to your local Service Canada Centre.