International Experience Canada

Did you know that if you are between the ages of 18 and 35, you can work legally for up to one year anywhere in Canada? Whether it is to gain valuable international work experience or to finally take that trip of a lifetime you’ve always imagined, why not become one of more than 35,000 young participants from around the world who travel and work in Canada with our program each year?

What is it all about?

Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada has negotiated agreements with several countries and has partnered with various organizations. Through these agreements and partnerships, international young participants can easily obtain a temporary work permit and gain professional and personal experience in Canada.

Travel and work in Canada: How it works