Employing foreign workers is often an excellent solution in our growing competitive labour market. Many bring highly specialized skills from their home country along with a desire to work and strong work ethic. Information about recruitment, retention and government programs related to hiring immigrants can be found here. Employers in Newfoundland and Labrador can hire newcomers or prospective immigrants.
Newcomers and international students can bring added value to your company through:
- New skills and knowledge.
- International experience.
- Global networks (business, political and personal).
- Knowledge of international markets and international business policies.
- New language skills that help expand your customer base and market reach.
- Loyalty and a strong work ethic that goes hand in hand with the effort that they put into building a new life in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Qualifications and training that may not be available here.
For more information about hiring immigrants and international students in Newfoundland and Labrador, please go to the following links:
Government of Canada: Employer’s roadmap to hiring and retaining internationally trained workers
Hiring internationally trained workers can help businesses meet their labour needs as well as increase productivity and efficiency, which ultimately leads to success. The Employer’s Roadmap is a tool for employers, human resources professionals, recruiters and managers in small to medium-sized enterprises interested in hiring internationally trained workers. It will help you understand:
- the benefits of hiring internationally trained workers how to hire and recruit them
- how to assess qualifications
- credentials and competencies
- how to integrate and retain employees with different professional and cultural backgrounds into the work force
- how to share success
- where to access additional resources to help at each stage
Full Report can be found at: http://www.credentials.gc.ca/employers/roadmap/roadmap.pdf